Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Treasures of 2008

A few things occured in 2008 that I would like to reflect on...

Tragically, my beloved frog Beans died after 2 long years of a beautiful friendship/petship?

I traveled to Ukraine TWICE, and hung out with awesome street kids and citizens of Mariupol.

I saw High School Musical 3...5 times.

Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) offered me his coat and I refused. I beat myself up about it every second of everyday wondering what would have happened if I took the friggin coat!

I survived a lightening storm inside a 2 person tent, with 3 other people in it.

I hit pastor Steve Rutenbar in the face with a jellyfish.

I slept outside Disneyland for 12 hours to meet the Jonas Brothers.

I went to the beach in Chicago.

JJ Abrams managed to produce another season of LOST, in which no questions were answered, once again.

David Hughes won the title of my favourite new friend of 2008.

I got skin cancer on my right cheek..wooooo hoo!

Bought a trampoline off Craigslist for 50 bucks.

Became a high school small group leader and loved it.

Was turned down by a potential employer because of my Harry Potter tattoo.

Dropped out of college to be a missionary in Ukraine (still waiting to see how this will turn out).

Got into a minor car accident in Holy Jim's canyon and survived...cough cough Luke St. Hilare cough cough.

Learned how to say "suck it" in Russian.

Lastly,

I watched the New Year's countdown this year and vividly remembered 2000, when I cried hsyterically and clutched my parents thinking Y2K would end the world.



See ya 2008. You were great.
No Regrets BOOYAH

5 comments:

ambrosia said...

I cannot believe you turned down DANIEL RADCLIFFE'S COAT. Miss Pratt. Seriously??
p.s. When did you meet him?? I love him and want to marry him immediately... but who doesn't, right?

David Hughes said...

niiiiiiice

sunshine said...

hi. you can add me to your friends. right now. great, thanks.

Luke St.Hilaire said...

i'm glad i made it in this 08 memory bin of yours

my word verification is "undice"

here's my possible definations -
undice - to "un" douse someone/something with a liquid multiple times in a row

undice - a curse yelled at craps tables when snake eyes land home

UNdice - a "united nationally" lesbian women's association


and what job did you not get because of your tattoo? i'm asking you now so i wont forget to ask when i see you

Steve Rutenbar said...

Maybe in 2009 you can hit me with a squid...or just hit me... here's to a great year...wherever it takes us...Steve Rutenbar